Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya S8700 and Cisco PG Integration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tektoy

MIS
Apr 28, 2004
US
Hi Folks,

Am working on a project where i need to connect my S8700 switch to a Cisco PG. Currently i have many other projects
running on this switch and this req. is for a new project which needs this kind of setup. I have gone ahead and placed
order for a MAPD Board and CVLAN Software. This will enable my S8700 switch to communicate to the PG over the ASAI link. Now my question.

Per the switch vendor, In this kind of a setup the whole switch data will be visible to the PG over the ASAI link. Is there any way (VDN Config) by which i can restrict data flow to the ASAI link ? I use CMS for reporting.

Please help.

Thanks.

Hi,
the PG will only monitor the stations/vdn a.s.o which are configured in ICM-PG-Explorer, but, if the ICM (or at least the attached PG(s)) is not under your control I do not know a way to block certain data.

My PG connect to CMS trought a Geotel interface and only monitor a range of skills I have setup. By seting up this new client with a range of skill versus individual (scattered) skills, the session will only monitor the range you specify and not the other clients.

Infoseeker/Avayadude,

Thanks for responding. Am in a situation where the PG is not in my control hence all this issue. I dont want the PG
folks to configure and query on something which is not relevant to them. I am given to understand that, Avaya as such does not have any way/security in place where they can restrict the PG from looking onto everything. I wonder why no one has raised this kind of issues with Avaya and Avaya as a company why dont think this as a security risk or concern to their product users.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back