Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AVAYA S8400 - 302D1 Console Issues-No Alert on Second Call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 10, 2008
US
I have a 302D1 console phone that is connected to an S8400 PBX. If the operator is currently on a call and a second call comes in on the main number, they receive no indication, either audible or visual, that another call is coming in. The caller only hears constant ringing until the operator releases her first call, then immediately the console starts ringing with the queued call. She states she used to receive a beep in her headset alerting her of multiple calls but does not anymore. As far as I know, nothing has been changed in the PBX. Can someone please tell me what I should look for in console parameters or what other settings may be required to activate audible and visual alerting. I did not try another console so a bad console is not out of the question. Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back