Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya S8300E Insertion Failure when loading ESXi

Status
Not open for further replies.

FNandez

Systems Engineer
Aug 2, 2023
US
Hello,

First post and fairly new to Avaya systems as well, thank you in advance for your time!

I have an S8300E that was provisioned for one customer and then they backed out.
I loaded it into a G430, and used 'show mm' and saw that it was mounted and fine.
It had ESXi, CM and BSM on it as well.

I created a new kickstart file and tried to blow it out and start from scratch for a new customer.
Now it's showing an 'insertion failure'.

It clearly was working just fine 30 minutes before, what possibly could be causing this and how do I resolve?

Thank you again for your time!

Update!

If I have nothing plugged into the S8300E and I'm in the services port of the G430 it shows the media module as expected, has the type: voice, a description, SN, no fault messages etc.
When I try to load ESXI from a dvd/usb combo is when I get the error message.

I had this issue in the past, it was the Media-Gateway in my case and had to be replaced.

Try to reset the gateway "nvram init" or reboot it if it has been up a while. Also could be the firmware of the gateway that needs to be updated. to support the S8300E better.

I'm with RedTech...
I've seen issues close and identical to this when mid-upgrade from major release to major release. By mid upgrade, I mean, haven't updated firmware but have updated s8300... or vice versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back