Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya S8300 Mediant 1000 Exchange Online UM

Status
Not open for further replies.

techlogik

IS-IT--Management
Mar 31, 2010
US
We've migrated to Exchange Online and our vendor successfully integrated, almost perfectly, the Avaya S8300/G450 and Mediant 1000 Gateway for voicemail function with our Exchange users.

The one issue we have left is that there is a personal operator/play on phone function that is supposed to work. When we set up a user/system for the operator, or play on phone, we get error messages.

Looking at the Mediant, it looks like Exchange UM is sending the digits back in the logs, but the Mediant/PBX aren't handling it properly.

Anybody have experience with this issue/function? From my understanding, it should function and is supported. Seems like a Mediant/PBX configuration issue since the Mediant 1000 log shows the numbers in the personal operator setting coming back to it.

The UM on the phone when listening to a greeting and press zero just says the Call can't be completed. And when you try to play on the phone in Outlook, it throws a message "The Microsoft Exchange Messaging Service cannot be contacted to play messages on your phone. Try again later..blah..contact your administrator."

Thanks

Are you using Mediant 1000 with or without System/Session Manager. Curiosity on my part since I am shopping for a Mediant 1000.

As for the issue you are having, what about your incoming trunk treatment from the Mediant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back