Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya ProLogix 9.5 - Looking for Correct Alias to Use an Avaya Digital 2420

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjm8535

Vendor
Jun 24, 2013
US
My client has an old Definity ProLogix G3csi 3-cabinet system equipped with a TN2402 Processor in Cabinet 'A' and running Release 9.5. I just swapped out five (5) old Avaya 6424D+ Digial Phones with five (5) Avaya 2420 Digital Phones. Since the 2420 is not supported in Release 9.5, in system programming I have created an "Alias" for the 2420 using a 6424D+ model which is supported in 9.5. Although the 2420 phones function to generate and receive calls, I cannot get the following three (3) features to work properly on the 2420 phones:

1) Call Log: The issue here is that although I have set up and saved the settings properly in Call Log Options to capture Inbound calls, Outbound calls and Internal calls, I can only see the "Outbound" calls I placed.

2) "Directory": I set up a soft key for "Directory" (Note: I also tried setting up Directly on a hard button as well). There are over 400 user extensions programmed within this system which are all uniquely names. However, when I press the Directory button, I am unable to enter more than one (1) digit which only display bout 9 user extensions. For example, I press the Directory feature button on the 2420 phone. I want to look up the last name "ADAMS". I press the number 2 key (associated letters for the number 2 key are ABC). I then try to press the number 3 key (associated letters are DEF), to continue spelling out the user's last name, but the phone will not allow me to do so.

3) The "Exit" button on the 2420 will not allow me to exist Directory immediately. Instead, it keeps the directory screen up for 30 to 45 seconds before timing out.

Any programmer suggestions and/or field technician experience / advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back