Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya PII and "Voice Pro 206" as VM

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchbnj

MIS
May 26, 2002
US
Hi all, I'm new to the Avaya/partner world, and would like to use my previous system (Voice Pro 206 [VP]) as the VM for my partner.
I have 2 206 cards I've set extension 20 and 21 to go into the VP line 1/line 2 inputs.

I've gotten the Partner to forward successfully to the VP (phew...) but first problem:
1) I get about 100 messages a day on the voice mail. MY guess is that X times per hr X24 hrs(??) I am getting a message that is blank on the voice pro.
1a) what settings should I check on the partner to troubleshoot?

2) second problem is getting a call to go From the VP back to the partner (for the menu system...)
I am guessing the only way is to tell the vp that I am making a transfer of a call using both of its lines (incoming call on line 1(aka [partner X20) and forwarding the call to VP line 2(aka partner X21)
Now in sending the information to the partner, exactly WHAT am I supposed to send, and HOW do I enter it, since In reality X20/X21 is really a VM system.

3) HOW much is the CHEAPEST Partner (2 port is fine) VM?
Used is fine...

Thanks in advance, and sorry to make this one message.

Thanks again!
MB

Hi mitchbnj,
I'm not familiar with your vm system. It sounds like your Voice Pro integration is not set up to the Partner. Most after market systems have preset configurations for various phone systems. Settings like integration in band or out band (rs232). Yours would be set to "in band". There may be a training setting in the menu so the vm can do a monitored transfer. Here you set the codes and how the system ringing / busy "sounds to the vm.
So, it sounds like your Partner is set up okay, the Voice Pro needs to be set up. I hope that is some help to you.
-Chris

The 2 port partner PVM cards are very inexpensive - if you don't need a spell by name directory look at the PVM r3S (4 mailboxes / 40 minutes storage) or the R3L which goes up to 16 mailboxes / 120 minutes storage - good luck!

I believe the system is a Partner II, a PC mail won't work with it.

FURTHER information/question:
upstateny said:

The 2 port partner PVM cards are very inexpensive - if you don't need a spell by name directory look at the PVM r3S (4 mailboxes / 40 minutes storage) or the R3L which goes up to 16 mailboxes / 120 minutes storage - good luck!

I further ask:
Is this the VM system(s) that looks like a plug-in card?
Can you tell me a general price range, as well as
the model #'s I should be looking for ?

Thanks again.

Thanks again
Mitch

Mitch - the card is a PCMCIA card - 2" x 4" - it is called Partner Voice Messaging (PVM) - the PVM R3S should go for about $500 with installation, training, warranty etc. and the R3L about $800

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back