Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya PCI Wireless Adapter on a XP PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

dakl2000

IS-IT--Management
Jan 21, 2003
SG
Hi,

Has anyone used Avaya PCI wireless adapter on a XP-based desktop? I am trying to troubleshoot whether it's the adapter problem or the PC card problem (Orinoco) or the drivers I've used in these 2 devices.

I have no problem in using the above 2 devices on my Win98SE PC, though.

Thanks.

Are you using the usb wireless or the pccard with an adapter? Which drivers are you using the shipped or new drivers from their site?

What's the problem that it's having? Is it just not seeing a network? Or does it just not want to associate? Or can't it get an IP address?

Thanks for the replies.

I am using the Avaya PCI wireless adapter with an Orinoco Silver PC card, on a XP-based system. As I've mentioned, the combination works fine on my Win98SE machine.

On the XP machine, I have also installed the latest XP driver for the Orinoco PC card from its support site. As for the Avaya PCI wireless adapter, it uses the driver that comes with XP. (I can't find any driver update for this card on XP system).

The problem is, the pc card is able to 'see' the network but just for a second or so, then it dies off. At first I thought the wireless access point is too far, thus I brought it near to my XP machine. I've checked encryption (even turning it off) but to no avail.

If there is someone using the specific combination (Avaya PCI wireless adapter + Orinoco PC Card on a XP-based system), I would like to know the exact version of the drivers of the 2 pieces of h/w that have been used. By the way, I am using XP SP1.

Thanks alot.

Yes, I've installed your suggested driver for the pc card. And the driver for the pci adapter was listed as from TI 1410 controller.

I used 64-bit (or 40-bit) encryption. Even tried 128-bit encryption for another gold card. And also without encryption at all.

Anyway, thank you for your replies, really appreciate that. I've now removed the pci adapter and acquired a usb wireless card for that purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back