Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AVAYA PBX Circuit Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigL1010

Systems Engineer
Mar 11, 2019
US
Are there any AVAYA Circuit Cards that are valuable and re usable? and how can they be used?

- IPSY? CLAN ? MEDPRO ?

re usable, yes. Valuable, not really. Check ebay for prices. All have some value, but circuit cards are mostly unnecessary in modern systems. To use them, put them in the gateway and configure if required.

Phoneguy55, I do not agree.

There are many legacy AT&T, Lucent, Avaya pbx systems still in production and they will be for years.
Not everyone needs an IP pbx. There is a huge market for legacy hardware.

It is best to buy refurbished or no longer used hardware from reputable companies that have labs and
test these parts, as well as provide some type warranty for a buyer.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

45 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 35 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

Thank you. I appreciate your response.

I agree with AvayaTier3. Hugh market for legacy gear. And I agree use re-sellers that have good reviews. But know that you can not get Lic. that way as those are not transferable.

Just to clarify, I wasnt saying there wasnt a market for them, there definitely is, but don't expect to get top dollar for the medpro board that cost $10K new many years ago as its now worth $50.

That is great news for a customer, buyer, reseller.

No offense meant with my earlier comment.

Many more legacy phone systems in production that the high tech, high dollar (modern systems) which by the way, still supports most of the legacy hardware.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

45 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 35 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back