Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya PBX calls through Cisco Call Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBlueBeagle

IS-IT--Management
Apr 23, 2002
US
We have a Cisco Call Manager in our admin office and phone sets in three locations in the U.S. (New York, Chicago, L.A.). We interface our PBX and the Call Manager via a DS1 and my PBX extension to Call Manager extension calls go across fine. However, I want to do toll bypass by routing calls from my PBX to the remote local lines when the ARS dictates but I can't seem to get it to work. Is there anything special in the route patterns or ARS tables?

I am not totally sure on what you are trying to do, but we have a Cisco CM connected to a Definity G3R and have used the data network to send Definity calls to other Avaya switches.

Basically we had a Cisco Voice T1 gateway connected to both of our local TDM switches and set up route patterns accordingly.

For example G3R site added a leading 0 to an extension at our remote site and delivered the call to the Cisco CM T1. A Cisco route pattern of 0.XXXXX was created to deliver the call to the remote T1 gateway and then to strip the PreDot.

Worked extremely well for toll bypass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back