Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Partner ACS Outside Line Issue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TipOfTheIceberg

Technical User
Nov 30, 2023
US
Hello,

I have a Partner ACS R5 processor(with R6 software), and 1 outside line connected. Upon dialing 9 or pressing the line button for the line, I receive dial tone. However, when I dial a number on the outside line I receive a strange tone. It isn’t a busy signal, it is a high-pitched then a low-pitched beep alternating quickly. I have never heard it before, and I do not know why it is happening, as my dialing out has worked fine before. I would appreciate any help I can get. [Edit: I have fixed the issue, it was due to my forced account code programming. Sorry for unintentionally wasting your time.]

Thanks.

Thanks for the edit and info - have some pink for it

The high pitch low pitch tone is the wave off tone (we call it turkey tone but no idea why) and it is created by the system not on the line. Good catch I would say.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back