Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AVAYA Partner ACS Loudspeaker paging feature access trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butt-In-Set

Vendor
Feb 24, 2024
US
Help! I've a customer with an AVAYA Partner ACS that defaulted due to an extended power outage. After reprogramming the system I'm having trouble paging while using programmed keys I70 and/or I*70 and by pressing Intercom 70 and Intercom *70. What I get/hear is kind of a warble tone over the handset or speaker depending on which method I try the Loudspeaker Page attempt from. The paging interface is a Valcom V-2001A. There is background music playing nicely over the paging speakers and, for troubleshooting, I've disconnected the line cord running from the Page Jack of the partner and have the same "warble dial tone", so I do not suspect the paging system causing the problem. It is almost like the phones are restricted from accessing the paging features but I can't find anywhere in programming where that feature can be restricted. I am lost as to the cause and solution and would appreciate any help someone could give. Thank you in advance.

System Programing:
Loudspeaker Paging Line
Dial # 6 1 7
Dial the line number of the jack to which the loudspeaker
paging system is connected
This should get intercom 70 to work.
For Intercom *70 simultaneous Paging to work add the phones to receive pages to calling group 1 using #502

Thanks for the reply Wesley. I'm using the Page Jack of the Partner and I don't even see a #617 command in the Partner manual.

Do you have a 308 or a 509. Wesley is referring to the 509 that used a line port for paging. The 308 has a dedicated page jack.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

With a 308 the page jack should be accessible with the I70. To use I*70 you have to add phones to HG771.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Thanks budbyrd. So why am I getting a "warble" tone (error tone?) when I get intercom dial tone and dial 70? Can extensions be restricted from accessing the Loudspeaker Paging feature (I70)?

Success. Thanks for all of the suggestions. It might have helped if I hadn't thought that the system was a 308 when it is a 509. So, looking in the wrong manual didn't help.
I did end up defaulting it (there was no PCMCIA card) and starting from scratch. While programming and pressing Next Procedure I noticed LOUDSPEAKER PAGING LINE (#617) and assigned Line 5. (This is precisely what wesleyjames suggested in a reply above when I thot that it was a 308. Thanks Wesley. Next, I programmed "Page" buttons as I70 and moved the line cord from PAGE JACK to LINE 5. Test pages worked fine. I still don't know why using the Page Jack didn't work, but TAH DAH!
Thanks again.

A 509 should have Line 5 factory labeled with dashes to split the label and PAGE, instead of a dedicated Page port found on a 308 processor. Top to Bottom, it is Ethernet / Contact Closure / PCMCIA Cards 1&2 / SMDR / ADMIN / Line 1 / Line 2 / Line 3 / Line 4 / Line 5-Page / Extension 10. Extensions 11 through 18 are double density left side 11-14 and right side 15-18/

The reason to use Line 5 for paging if possible, is it is the only line port that will also give you the contact closure on Black / Yellow during the page interval. However ANY line port can be programmed to be the external paging port.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back