Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya P Office Unified Communications Module v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 20, 2024
SA
I recently purchased Avaya IP 500 v2 with preferred edition license and I would like to activate voicemail pro service, but to activate service, I need a computer with windows server installed
I found another solution, which is to install IP Office Unified Communications Module v2 on Avaya IP 500 v2 but before I buy I need to make sure if it will be work same as pc

Depends on what version your IP500v2 is on. Assuming a latter version, your voicemail pro license will allow you to install on a linux server, avoiding MS licenses, headaches, restarts, audio issues, etc. I personally never liked the UCM module plus it's not cheap.

Depending on the release the UCM may have fewer features than the separate server - which may or may not matter to you.

The software installs the complete server so you don't really need any Linux knowledge.

Windows 10 will work just fine, you don't need a server OS to run Voicemail Pro.

Or use Windows 10 and install the Linux based Apps server on Hyper-V but not the UCM version as that is stripped down and specialized for UCM hardware.

There are many ways to install it.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back