Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya or Nortel

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickwj

IS-IT--Management
Aug 3, 2007
US
Hi, sorry if this post is in the wrong place and apologies if this question has been asked before.

I have been supporting Nortel PBX’s, Call Pilot, CC6 IPT etc.. for about 12 years.
I would say my expertise is somewhere in the middle. I am 40 and from the UK so still have a way to go
before I can retire. Due to circumstance at my last job I have been contacting for a year. I have been thinking
about talking some courses (self funded).

The question is do you think it’s worth continuing with the Nortel range or to cut my losses and look at
at some Avaya training? I know there is still a lot of Nortel equipment out there, but for how long?

I know nobody here has a crystal ball, but any advice, gut feelings would be most appreciated.

Regards Nick.

Avaya,
you already know enough about Nortel by the sounds and it's just getting ripped out more and more most stuff will be just keep it ticking along until they replace. Avaya, has the advantage of a legacy base and an expanding base, but it does mean you have to keep updating your skillset.

Robert Wilensky:
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back