Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya One-X Portal 10.1 mobility client silent calls 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plug2012

Technical User
Apr 25, 2012
GB
Morning all, Im setting up the above and have the preferred licenses and power users etc etc. The server is up and I can fully connect from the client in (not getting the partially connect errors etc). I can dial out from the mobility client and the call connects but I there is no noise either way at all. I can hang up and it hangs up so just no sound at all. The main sip line is fine..

Any ideas?

Update - This all works perfectly when on the internal wifi so its something not forwarded on the draytek router. Ive forwarded all the ports on the instructions

udp 5060 to ipo
tcp 5222 to onex
tcp 8444 to onex
tcp 5269 to onex
tcp 8063 to onex
tcp 8443 to onex
tcp 9443 to onex
tcp 5061 to ipo
tcp 8080 to ipo

What am I missing?

Apologies also have TCP/UDP 46750 to 53246 and also 1719-1720 forwarded tot he IP Office

And the RTP Ports are open to all public IP addresses and not locked down to just the SIP providers IPs?

| ACSS SME |

You already have way to many ports open to the IPO and all you risk is getting hacked.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

I'll shut them down when I have this working janni.. any ideas of what exactly should be open?

For starters you should only use TLS (5061) with a valid certificate and not 5060.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

And really you shouldn't use 5060 or 5061 either, you should manually change that port on the IPO to something non standard.

However if you have all the correct ports open on the Draytek, then it should work, do you have the correct setup on the VoIP and Network Topology tabs for the ports/public IP address you are using?

| ACSS SME |

Ok Im happy the ports are being forwarded after tracing the connections, I think I can see the issue but dont know where to fix it. The outbound connections on the RTP ports are going to the SIP line ITSP proxy as opposed to coming to my handset, how do I stop that?

Fixed it myself.. had to massively up the UDP port range well beyond the documnetation and it kicked in.. its staying that way!

The port range used is the one set as remote on the Voip tab of the lan port used.

| ACSS SME |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back