Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya One-X Communicator SIP Restriction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keggles

IS-IT--Management
Jul 30, 2014
US
Does anyone know a clever way to restrict the usage of OneX Communicator in Avaya 8 SIP either by a single feature or some limiting factor?

I was initially under the impression that the IPSoftphone feature would and that is not the case. I am able to filter all users with the device type "One-X Communicator" in SMGR and isolate stations via our remote worker/VPN addressing schemes currently, but would essentially like to force all users that have obtained this software and are using it to have to call in.

The restriction should be at the software deployment level. Have them submit a request to be a part of an AD group for Avaya one-x communicator.

That is in place, however, I need to be able to administrate what is currently in place or have the ability to enable/disable its usage.

A software deployment utility should be able to remove software if they aren't part of an AD group. You should talk to your Group policy folks. Otherwise, you should migrate to use Avaya Workplace.

All viable options, although, I am looking to administrate the current environment, Avaya OneX with SIP based users.

your just tryin to find all your users? you could change the cor/cos so they caint call out. then they would be forcd to call you with a trouble

I’m assuming you do not have system manager integrated with Active Directory. System manager will sync with AD. It will add/remove their system manager profile based on the AD group sync. No system manager profile means unable to login to the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back