Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya One X App 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdaley1980

Technical User
Oct 19, 2010
US
I have a user who wants to use the Avaya one x app on his mobile phone. We have an IPO 500 v2 with 10 CO lines and Voice Networking Channels licenses. What licenses do I need so I can set up a SIP user/extension so this user is able to use this app?

Not sure on the CO Lines part, I don't see why the One-x Mobile Preferred would care when using VOIP mode...

The Avaya one-X Mobile Essential client for IP Office requires an Essential Edition system license.

The Avaya one-X Mobile Preferred client for IP Office has the following licensing requirements:
• Preferred Edition system license
• One Mobile Worker or Power User license per client

Guide also mentions:
IP500s on Releases 4.2 and later, support the Avaya one-X Mobile Essential client. IP Office
Releases 8.0 and later, support the Avaya one-X Mobile Preferred client. The system requires
trunks that support clearing supervision, which include the following:
• IP500 Universal PRI not on T1 robbed-bit or E1R2 channels set to Loop Start emulation
• IP500 BRI
• SIP RFC2833

And:
If you are using one-X Mobile Preferred on a Windows server, you must install
the following applications before performing the administration:
• Avaya one-X® Portal
• Voicemail Pro with the Web Voicemail component installed

Also, the VoIP client requires a Power User.

You should always sell a PU license when a customer wants toys, IMO. It gives you flexibility, and you don't look like an idiot when your sales guy forgot to read the fine prints.

ACSS-SME

First start reading the manuals as your thoughts about the app are way of.
When you know what you need to do and purchase them rethink your question.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back