Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya office manager not able to select the discovered IP office 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sur1999

Programmer
Jul 26, 2023
US
Hi all,
When I run the office manager on Windows PC connected to LAN1 port of IP office and do a search on 255.255.255.255, my IP office shows up with a check box. However I can not select that checkbox to then login and the entry for discovred IP office appears grayed out. Any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks
Suren

It means your Manager version is lower than the IP Office software

Thanks, I will try get a higher version of office manager.

Thanks much IamaSherpa, I upgraded the office manager s/w and now can access the IP office.
I have a follow up question. I see my PRI module detected and can provision it fine but when trying to place a call on PRI, call is not placed. I see I have essential services license, so do I need to get a separate E1/PRI license?
thanks
Suren

I think most of those cards came with 8 channels by default. If your PRI has 23 channels and you don't have a full license out bound will usually fail. Put all but the first 8 channels 'out of service' and see if that fixes it. Also make sure they are actually in service. Depending on the software level they may be disabled by default until you enable them.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Also check with the provider, some used to need to be told when you were bringing a line into service.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Thanks Guys for all the help.Appreciate it. Keeping 8-channels work for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back