Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Nortel 1120 1140 - Server unreachable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nortel1000

Technical User
Nov 9, 2010
US
thread1361-1484111

I've had some of these phones "die" and sent them off to a refurbisher. I don't think I get the same phones back, but maybe I do. Regardless, on the latest few phones returned here's what happens:

I have two CAT6 data connections to Netgear POE switches. Doesn't matter which cable I use the result is "Server unreachable" over and over again.

Plug in an 1120 phone, large AVAYA logo appears followed by a beep, then small Avaya logo. Firmware 0624C6R. Starting DHCP. Connecting to S1. Server unreachable. Automatically restarts over and over.

I've tried the factory reset sequence **73639[MAC]## at power-up several times and never know if it worked. Nothing seems to change.

On phones I've bought new, all I have to do is plug them in and they boot, ask for the TN, do a firmware upgrade, come to life with the keys I programmed in Telephony Manager. No problem.

Thanks for any help!

There was an issue with these phones having the wrong firmware installed and would not connect to bcm.
Either download the firmware from avaya and use a tftp programe to upload it it to the phone
Or apply the SU patch which contains the fix go allow correct installation

Thanks. I hate to expand this too far, but how would I run a tftp program to update the firmware on the phone. What is an SU patch, please?

I should have posted my question in the CS1000 forum. Oh, no!

Just tried to connect on a different floor/subnet and it still fails "unreachable".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back