Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Modular Messaging "Notify Me" issue with Mailbox Gateway

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheChaun

Technical User
May 12, 2008
US
We recently changed our Mailbox Gateway so in MM we added the new External Host to "Server Administration>External Hosts" and switched the Mailbox Gateway Machine Name under "IMAP/SMTP Administration>SMTP Options" to the new host. However, Notify Me messages are not going out and in the IMAP/SMTP Logs we're getting the following error:

Mar 01 03:28:01 XXXXXXMSS smtp[8839]: -05:00 2016 753 1 .mm | 0 Connection Timeout (180 sec) expired: opening connection to tcp!nysmtp.XXXXXXXXXXXXX.com!smtp

nysmtp.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com is the old gateway, the new gateway is mail.xxxxxxxxxxxxx.com. I did leave the old Gateway in the list of External Hosts just in case we still needed it. I don't know why it's still trying to connect to the old gateway. Is there a step I missed?

I would restart messaging and or reboot the system I have seen this on some MSS servers.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back