Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya mobility issues with R10.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karlcom

Technical User
Dec 2, 2016
GB
Hi guys,

Appreciate who ever is taking the time to read this as I am in need of some help.

I am trying to get the Avaya One-x mobile client working (using an iPhone). I have tried to follow docs etc and seem to be missing something. I will add pictures below of my setup from manager, to One-x server to router.

A brief background:
-I am using a single server edition on R10.1 with One-x running on the server.
-LAN1 of the server is configured for the office subnet, lets say 192.168.1.0. I have a domain and FQDN set (example.co.uk & se.example.co.uk).
-LAN2 is used for SIP and has a separate subnet created (192.168.2.0)also has the domain and FQDN set. We have a Draytek router on the end of this. Router has been configured with ports for one-x and SIP etc.
-On the One-x server I have also added the FQDN in with IM/Presence page.

I can load up the one-x mobile app when on the WiFi (LAN1 subnet) using the FQDN and it works fine (although I have to disable the 'validate server certificates' as always flags an invalid error). As soon as I come off the WiFi to use 4G it goes to offline, even I change the FQDN to just the public IP of the LAN2 where SIP comes in.

Has anyone had experience with this or could shed some light where I may be going wrong. Hugely appreciate the assistance. Pictures below are current setup with names and IPs changed. I can add pics of any other config, including phone client if needed.
Server Edition
Services_ine6ll.jpg

Certs_szirbq.jpg

LAN1
LAN1_qfx5w3.jpg

LAN2
LAN2_lhl4xi.jpg

LAN2_Topology_fdm1vr.jpg

OneX
1x_FQDN_mgr1jr.jpg

Router
Open_Ports_hypzwy.jpg

Port_NAT_pfjpcm.jpg

first thing I noticed was you aren't forwarding port 5060 or 5061 on your router, although that shouldnt stop the app from completely working...

Thank you for commenting gknight1.

I have another open ports page with the SIP ports in.

I just can't work out what is missing.

Well firstly, I'd change the Remote UDP/TCP/TLS ports away from the defaults as you are just asking for trouble. If you get no speech you'll need to add the RTP ports in as well.

Reflect this change in the Draytek programming - or preferably, get a "proper" firewall [peace]

ACSS (SME)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back