Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Messaging - Configure Web Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

UniMark

Technical User
Feb 17, 2022
CH
Hello

We are moving from Avaya Aura Messaging to Avaya (IX) Messaging this spring. In testing we find the web access of AM complicated do use for our user-base.

In AAM there is a straight forward way to listen to your messages, set-up a forward to your mailbox and configure personalized greetings.
The same features and configurations are hidden behind different application-windows in AM.

Can the users web access be configured, for example remove elements or locations?

Best regards and thank you in advance.
Mark

I've been down this road with Avaya. First off, I would recommend navigating through your entire TUI. It took a couple trial and errors to figure out I need to use Aries V2 and then customize so it isn't complete garbage. The default Aries V2 has major flaws and needs corrected. It is the closest you will get to AAM TUI. You will also need to create a customized Voice Menu so if your end users dial the Pilot number from their cell phone it will actually tell them to press # to enter their mailbox number and allows them to login. Otherwise, the system just states to leave a message for someone on the system enter their number. I had to copy the greeting from AAM and upload to Avaya Messaging since Avaya wouldn't provide me with the .vox file.

Moving onto Locations. It is the new way Avaya treats your extended absence greeting and there is no way to customize/remove the defaults. You will need to train your end users.

Removing elements for end users can somewhat be done by removing features on the feature/individual user. It isn't that great from what I've observed.

I would also recommend setting up dedicated web servers using a load balancer as the consolidated server (primary and secondary consolidated) are unable to be load balanced. In other words, If your primary consolidated server goes down you will need to give your users the URL of the secondary consolidated. This isn't practical in real life.

Thank you for your helpful post.
We have now build a custom TUI from the ground up, with some elements of the Callpilot TUI. The following resources helped us a lot:
- Avaya Messaging Server Configuration Guide Link
- How to edit custom Telephony User Interfaces in Avaya Messaging Link

We also created a custom Voice Menu to streamline the log-in process. With that we could deactivate the initial "Company Greeting" and route the user directly to his mailbox by adding "Send to Login" to the Default DTMF Key.
- Avaya Messaging Server Configuration Guide Link

The default system prompts have been edited to match our use case. Thru trial and errors we determent that the provided VOX-files are in fact a-law, 8000hz codec. Custom recordings with Audacity (Project-Rate 8000hz) can be exported as wav in a-law encoding and renamed to .vox.
- How to use ffmpeg to convert a G711 u-law or a-law file to wav Link

At the moment we are looking into further limit the WebClients functions. To edit the Feature Group did help some. We would only need the messaging part as changing the users location is simply easier to manage via the TUI. Could elements be deactivated in config or html files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back