Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya message setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

reimo20

Technical User
Jun 10, 2014
EE
Hello

I what to setup a voice message to my station. That when I press message button, it will play messages. The system is Avaya aura CM6.3 and CommunicaMgr R16x.03.0.124.0. Can someone talk throw a step by step?

Sorry when i posted to wrong place but i am newbie on avaya and sorry for bad english.

So you just want a voice mail box on your station??

if so what type of handsets are you using ??

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

What type of Voice-mail system are you trying to use ? Aura Messaging or CM messaging ?

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

To montyzummer: Im using Avaya 9621G.

To KenMeans: How can i see what does the station support and what is the difference between Aura Messaging and CM messaging.

It is not the station that supports the Messaging system. You need to find-out what type of CM (PBX) you are using that runs the 9621g set you are using and then find-out if you have any messaging that runs with it.

Ken Means

Where can i look up this info? This is the only info what i could find now.

Operating system: Linux 2.6.18-348.AV04xen i686 i686

Contains: 03.0.124.0
CM Reports as: R016x.03.0.124.0
CM Release String: vcm-016-03.0.124.0

You are going to need to ask your BP or the person that installed it what type of messaging options you have available.

We can't really tell you what you have can do with you CM /AURA setup with out knowing some details about the EQ that is installed and licensed.

Ken Means

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back