Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Lync Integration 2013 and video call via Lync 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axelduez

IS-IT--Management
Sep 18, 2012
FR
Hello,
I am using since it is out the Lync 2013 Plugin for Avaya. I managed to make it work but since it is on, I lost all possibility to do video call for intra lync conversation.
I called Avaya and they told me it was by design.

For the 2010 version, they had the same thing and they had given me a way through the HKEY Local security.

Does anyone knows if there is a way through for the 2013 version. ( Ask Avaya France and the US responded to them : " find your own way")

Regards,
Axel

You could try this;

Start > RUN copy/paste key below and hit enter;

reg add HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Lync /v TelephonyMode /t REG_DWORD /d 5 /f

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged (Avaya Search tool )

I tried that and it does not work.
I am on lync 2013 and the video calls were working before the avaya plugin.

here is what was to be done with the 2010 version :
So, by design it greys out the call button in Lync. (If the users are easily confused, don’t give them complex toys.)
To enable dialing Lync-Lync and Lync – Avaya, just removed these form the registry:
o HKEY LOCAL MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Communicator\TelephonyMode
o HKEY CURRENT USER\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Communicator\TelephonyMode

Hello,
I've made some new work on this. trying to use a key registry change spy to see if I can see something.
Will post if I ever find.

Finally found how to allow this again.
so I add to delete those two keys :
HKEY_USERS/S-1-5-21-3811287445-1171540886-2380426473-1001/Software/Microsoft/office/15.0/Lync/TelephonyMode
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Policies/Microsoft/Office/15.0/Lync/TelephonyMode

The Hard to find was the thing with the S.
Hope it helps someone!

Hi

Was this done with Lync 2013 client?
I'm trying have both options, when in the office I want the handset to work with Lync.
When out of the office, Lync working as a softphone.

Is this possible in 9.0 with Lync 2013 basic?

Don't mind having to make registry changes each time to switch between the two.

Thanks

Hello,
It is for Lync 2013 client, What it does is that it remove the change that were made by the Avaya integration software. So you still can install your Integratiion, and you can keep on passing calls via Lync, you just have to choose between the two the one you use.
But Lync is still not a softphone. If you want Lync for a true softphone you have to find a provider that can provide a trunk sip for lync

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back