Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya LSP testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davicat

Systems Engineer
Apr 19, 2018
ES
Hello,

I need to do a test to know if an network-region is registering to the LSP correctly if a problem on the network occurs,

I would need to test the LSP becoming active and the phones registering to it as well as the media gateway is there a way to do it without forcing a network interruption?

Many thanks

disable nr-x -- it'll kick the s8300 into service and register your phones. Depending on what else you're testing, like dialplan transparency or something, you need to keep in mind you may need to go into the local s8300's aar tables and route patterns and re-order them. In my case, the IP links still stay active and I need to busy them to force calls that way. Also, remembering anything you change on the 8300 won't save once it's re-registered back to the core. In our case, our network team created a way for us to get management access to the local 8300. That helps immensly.

when you're done, from the core, 'enable nr x'

Just backing up what randycarroll and wpetilli are saying. I used disable nr-registration all the time to test LSP at new sites when I did the installation.

That way I could test registration of all the phones, inbound and outbound dialing, local announcements, etc. were all working when the site was in local survival mode.

- Stinney

“The man who asks a question is a fool for a minute, the man who does not ask is a fool for life.” - Confucius

Don't forget to check the mgc list before starting to see what else is in line before the LSP. If you have say a core, ess, and lsp.....you need to disable-nr in the ess and the core. If you just do the core, it will/should fail to the ess instead of the lsp.

-CL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back