Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya KRS has gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

couttsie

Vendor
Jan 15, 2014
GB
Avaya KRS for BCM has gone for external parties, so if you require a new BCM eauth code generating before they expire 29/02/2020 you need a purchase order bargain at $1500, if you need to regenerate from failed bcm to replacement bcm and don't have a Mtce contract its another PO again $1500, if you require a retrieval of existing licences for a hard drive replacement it FREE!!!

Mtce contracts from Avaya for Bcm never heard of them, plus they are end of life and no longer supported.

you can't make this up

I agree that you can't make it up, but there are much cheaper ways to overcome the KRS problem. You just need to do a few searches. Most faults tend to be hard drives and there are Acronis software copies available.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

This would be old news now....2015 we were given this warning.

The time line given in 2015 was that standard support would end in 2018, only maintenance contracts direct with Avaya would have the usual access for another 2 or 3 years after 2018.
They had been a little lenient though....I think mostly for those online companies that had a lot of Authocdes still.

But yeah, we got it covered for a couple years now.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Hi couttsie,

Yes, this was announced a while ago so many people have moved on to newer technologies such as cloud-based IP service.

However, there are a few projects underway at the moment to help people who own these units. Even though they're now obsolete and unsupported, there are plenty of telephone collectors/enthusiasts out there who want to maintain them so keep an eye out!

Cheers,
Armen

1. Always take a screen shot!
2. Always make a backup!
3. Always use a UPS!
4. Never give up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back