Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya JXXX-Series Speaker Magnet Falling Off? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbb1234

IS-IT--Management
Dec 2, 2021
US
Anyone encounter this issue? I have had 2 J1xx series phones' speakerphone and ring stop working or working intermittently. I have opened the phones to find the speaker magnet fallen off the speaker. The glue is insufficient/failing. Wondering if this is a bigger issue then just my 2 isolated phones bought at completely different times and likely from different vendors?

I haven't seen that before but the ethernet port is breaking off the circuit board they attach to. It will give you a No Ethernet error on the display.
Seems the quality control on these phones is slipping.

Cheap phones, cheap construction, sold at higher prices makes the Avaya board of directors smile.
I have never had that either on a speaker but they feel like Lego phones sometimes and TBH Lego would be more sturdy.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Yea I have dozens of 9611g laying around. I just unsoldered and resoldered a speaker from that phone into the j179 and it works fine. The 9611g's speaker has a magnet built into the speaker and not glued to the back like the j179.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back