Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya J179 with J100 Module - Bluetooth Disabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

koryhoff

IS-IT--Management
Mar 9, 2011
US
All - I am having some issues with our J179s (v4.04). When the phone boots they are saying WiFi disabled which is fine, we don't want the WiFi feature we more want the bluetooth feature of the WiFi. If I review the phone by logging directly into the phone the setting is enabled in the

46xxsettings
# SETTINGSJ179
SET WIFISTAT 1
SET BLUETOOTHSTAT 1

But we are not having any luck with getting the phone to correctly work/enable bluetooth. Suggestions?

It's worked pretty seamlessly every time we've done this.

When you go to Menu>Settings>Bluetooth from the phone UI does it look like you can turn Bluetooth on? That's also the area you would normally pair from...

-----------------------------------
4771494_orig.jpg

Business Phone Systems

@atcom - I agree I have done tons of our phones with no issues, install the module and things start rolling.
@gwebster - yes, I have multiple phones with them installed, if I reboot the phone they will no longer work,

So I am assuming someone has changed something on the phone system that is pulling a config to cancel or something, but unsure what as everything I have done in the past is pretty straight forward with those modules. I am providing power from PoE and wanting to use Ethernet for the networking, just wanting the modules for the bluetooth features.

If this is with an Avaya IP Office system and you've added a manual 46xxsettings file then all I'll say is expect problems. Let the system autogenerate that file and if you really really need to override anything, put the commands for whatever it is in a 46xxspecials.txt file.

And I would start with nothing overridden. Install a phone and verify both Wi-Fi (at least its availability in the phone's menus) and Bluetooth. Then add the command to force disable of Wi-Fi and see what happens.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back