Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya J179 sets with J100 Module bluetooth keeps Picking up incoming calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tazerface

Systems Engineer
May 31, 2024
US
2 years ago I swapped out a phones for a customer who had 9508 telephones, and installed the j179 sets in one of his dealerships. We added the j100 module for them to have bluetooth. They loved it! last year they built a different dealership and we installed an IP office with J179 sets with the j100 module for the bluetooth. Here is where the problem comes. With this new dealership if they hook up a bluetooth headset to a set in the main incoming group, it immediately picks up the call. Half a ring and it goes live in the the earpiece without hitting any button. With no headset connected the J179 sets work great with no problem.

I have tried to fix this by going into the setting of the phone to do the headset profiles. I've matched settings they have in the first dealership. I've recreated another system with their programing. I've even tried recreating the card on the system. Both systems are 11.0.45 and have similar programing. I am at a loss of other things to try. Anyone have some suggestions?

sizbut: These links look like documentation for Internal calls. We are struggling with the Outside calls ringing in and getting picked up. I sent them to the customer to check on anyways. It can't hurt at this stage in the game.

derfloh: I had the same thought so I have used multiple bluetooth headsets in order to locate where the issue lies. They typically use polycom headsets, or even just airpods. Even tried my cheap JBL's to Samsung's earbuds. All have the same result.

Read the pages with a bit more care. If you go beyond the first line you'll see the bits about auto-answering external calls (despite the features name).

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back