Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya J179 low volume

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chip Clark

IS-IT--Management
May 29, 2024
US
I have five J179 phones that recently have had an issue with the volume of the speaker being almost too low to hear. The volume is all up, but you can barely hear the speaker. It sounds normal when your ear is by it, but is too low. The handset works fine and the volume control works as it should. Avaya hasn't heard of this issue nor how to fix it. I've reset the phones many times. Has anyone else experienced this?

What firmware are they on? What version of IPO? Codec?

Need more info here

The SW version is 4.1.0.0.11

The rest I'm not sure about and perhaps I posted in the wrong forum. These are Avaya Cloud Office phones.

do they still ring full volume? The speaker is also the ringer, if they do then it is a firmware issue and only Avaya can fix it, if not then the speakers are bust but unlikely on several phones.
I seem to remember that there was a similar issue before just can't remember if that was on the J series or the 9600 series

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

You can hear the speaker ring, but just barely. The volume is fully up.

There is a thread where the handset volume resets everytime they hang up but that is a different issue.

Another post where speaker quality is crap on the J179 phones but no resolution.

We've deployed hundreds (maybe thousands?) of J169/J179 phones and never had speaker issues.

Could be a manufacturing fault with the speaker. If under warranty, ask for a replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back