Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya J169 SIP phones freezing randomly

Status
Not open for further replies.

TigerWoods33

Systems Engineer
Jun 11, 2019
CA
I am trying to figure out why our Avaya J169 SIP Phones freeze (No calls outbound/inbound.. frozen screen etc.) randomly.
Scenario:
Deployed 20 J169 SIP phones, came back the next day to continue deployment, 10 phones were frozen when trying to press any buttons.
There is a 100mb fiber connection here. They still display the screen, just frozen. (So PoE looks in tact)

When we completed phone system maintenance recently, our H.323 phones rebooted as normal, but all of the J169 phones we deployed got stuck at that same screen.

Is anyone aware of a setting in the 46xxsettings.txt file that can be adjusted to prevent these phones from freezing for what could be maybe very slight network jitter?

There doesn't seem to be any pattern at all.

Let me know!!

(**IPO 11 SP1**) (Phones are on the latest 4x firmware that came with IPO 11 SP1)

FYI the firmware included in the latest release of 11 is not up to date(for J100 or 96xx phones). I am not sure it would fix your issue but I would start by updating to current firmware. I have not personally used the 4.0.3.0 firmware yet but have a large number of phones on the 4.0.2.1 firmware with no major issues.

ACSS,AIPS

I have some J169's however I've converted them to H323 for the time being. I can't remember what firmware I have them on but I think it's current. IMHO ver 11 has been a train-wreck. I upgraded us to ver 11.04 SP1 over the weekend and our system is completely unstable (a freeze and reboot daily), receptionists can't log in to Soft Console. Some phones upgraded firmware, some didn't. I have 2 9608G phones that have the audio quality issue with a headset. Granted I was off today and couldn't do much but my day tomorrow should be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back