Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya IX Workplace Android not picking up custom config 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontim

Programmer
Aug 18, 2021
AR
Hi everyone! I'm having an issue with Workplace for android. I was able to set custom settings in the 46xxspecials.txt file for the windows app. But for some reason the android app is not picking up those custom parameters, but is picking the rest of the config present in the 46xxsettings.txt file. I've tried using a custom separate file and it doesn'0t apply the custom settings.

I checked with monitor and i can see the 46xxsettings.txt file request followed by the 46xxspecials, so i'm guessing it's not a file provisioning problem.

Maybe the parameters have to be written in a different line that the windows app? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

The auto generated 46xxsettings.txt file has no support yet for the 46xxspecials.txt file if request is from the workplace user-agent

Possibly maybe available in 11.2

If you play with the user agent strings of your web browser you will see it the get 46xxspecials.txt is missing from the bottom of the settings file

Work around
Create completely 2 different files just for. Workplace one for workplaceinternal.txt and one for workplaceexternal.txt
Use the sbc to rewrite the workplaceinternal.txt to workplaceexternal.txt

daken is right. IPO will not deliver 46xxspecials.txt to IX Workplace.

You can create a new ixsettings.txt with your custom settings and add ‚GET 46xxsettings.txt‘ at the end. This way you can have your own settings AND use the advantages of the autogenerated file. BUT all settings that have different values in both files will be overwritten by the 46xxsettings.txt.

You can also create your own files as daken mentioned.

I recommend to have a single file that works internally and externally because IX Workplace only pulls the settings file once a day. So if you use different ports internally and externally the app will not recognize it if you change the network.

IP Office remote service
IP Office certificate check
CLI based call blocking
SCN fallback over PSTN

But in windows it applies the settings correctly. The problem is in android and iOS. In the newest version IX Workplace pulls the 46xxspecials file. The ones not working are android and ios as I said.

It's a case of bad engineering now meeting over engineering.

Originally the client didn't support further settings file requests - bad design, should have emulated existing IP phone behaviours). That changed in the latest client.

Unfortunately, since the IP Office can adjust the auto-generated file based on the type of device requesting the file, someone coded it to not include the get specials command when the request comes from a Workplace client.

So two things need to change and so far only one has.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back