Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya is claiming that a personal list voicemail to 100's of users overwhelmed our Storage Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

learningSkype

IS-IT--Management
Jun 6, 2016
US
All, this is a strange one, but we had a lot of complaints regarding Voicemail last week. We have Aura Messaging 6.x and there are 2 storage servers and 4 app servers. we noticed errors on the app servers and we opened a ticket with Avaya. after a lot of back and forth, they claim that someone sent out a broadcast voicemail via a personal distribution list. the mailbox itself did not have broadcast capability but we have a voicemail portal that allows users to compose messages.
by composing this message and sending it out to multiple distribution lists, this single users almost brought down our Voicemail system. per Avaya, the problem is that when the message is read, it creates a ton of queries against the Storage server. typically this would not happen, but since this message was sent to hundreds maybe thousands of users, the app servers are sending hundreds of queries to the Storage server and the Storage server freaks out.
due to this, we get errors on the app server that say "MANGO001 - System went offline". this lasts for 30-60 seconds then everything goes back to normal. Avaya is recommending we patch the server to SP6, so we're in the process of doing this. but wanted to put this out there to see if any of you have seen or heard of this before. bizarre!!!

It sounds a bit odd. What portal are you talking about ? Do you have a log ? And why would you allow a user to access a list with thousands of users on it ?

And if it is causing that many problems get rid of the message is what I would say.

But i really don;t have enough information on the real issue

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back