Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya IPOffice in the Cloud Impressions 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan714

IS-IT--Management
Jun 24, 2015
US
I'm starting to explore this offering and looking to read comments/reviews from others on this forum. (If you have any experiences converting from Premise to Cloud please share)

Thanks for your time!

Cloud works , but like anything its about pre-planning and having the correct connections and resilience to support your requirements , i like it and its the future of things to come......you will have many mixed views on this , some down to people worrying about there job (install guys mainly i would assume) , then you have some who are in the .... its just a quirky buzz word that will pass ...the same people who thought the internet thingy would never catch on.

Our place does its own cloud offering on SME and enterprise avaya equipment , when you look at the uptime the cloud offerings win hands down , as the kit is in our data centre controlled by us, nobody can lean on the power off button , or spill coffee over the CPU , but again i stress its about ensuring the connectivity between your site and Mr Cloud is designed correctly and resilience is factored in at near the top of the list.

Then there is the cost factor ....charging by seat , rather than having massive capital exp is a bonus.

In some situations its just not the right fit ... but like i say i think its the way things are heading , having tin onsite will im sure dramatically reduce in the years to come.

ACSS (UC/SBCE/SM/SME)

Not that they mean a thing anymore , get a brain dump pass the test crash the system.

Now the bad part; you are always paying for this solution every month, as if you bought the system outright then you would have no payments after system is paid for,2nd bad part. When you need service you may wait longer for things to get resolved or hardware to be replaced, personally I like to control our own systems and answer to no one

Powered By Avaya is great. But as montyzummer said, it's not going to be a fit for every customer just like any other UCaaS offer out there. I do think it's nice to offer an Avaya customer or prospect the opportunity to choose on how they want their Avaya solution. There are a few flavors out there right now for hosted IP Office. Powered By if you're an approved business partner, and some agent programs. They both have their benefits. joe2938, with powered by the partner is in total control on the solution. There is no other person to call. The partner owns the infrastructure.(or can own if they choose) I manage a nice cloud setup with our NOC/Support team, and we're in total control of the entire solution for Hosted IP Office. The solution is maintained by us, and is remote alarmed to Avaya for any real support issues. Feel free to reach out to me if you'd like some advice.

NTSDirect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back