Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya IPO remote workers

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlsnThx

Vendor
Jul 21, 2008
US
I have a client that is currently running 11.0.4.1.0 build 11 has Standard license and 4 IP end points and 2 combo cards. They are looking to hang an additional 6 or so remote workers to their current 4(9608G's) that are using the public IP address. I'm getting mixed recommendations, some suppliers are telling me that I have to upgrade to preferred edition and some are telling me that all I need are remote worker license's. could someone please clarify?

You posted in the Partner Edition forum which is why you aren't getting responses... Basic mode can't do IP phones.

As for your question, you can have 4 remote workers before you need additional licensing. You need preferred edition for the remote worker licenses to work so yes past 4 you need preferred edition.

As an additional note, if your IP Office is sitting on a public IP, you WILL get hacked it is only a matter of time...

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back