Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya IP500V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRowan

IS-IT--Management
Mar 13, 2015
US
Forgive me if this question has been answered. We are in the process of moving our corporate HQ to a bigger building. Last week got new PRI turned up and moved IP500V2 and VMPro, however we had to abandon the plan of crating a new network topology as we cannot get the IP500V2 to communicate with anything outside of its original LAN subnet. Note I am NOT an IPO/phone expert, more of a server/network guy and everything I can see points to an issue of not being able to set/edit the gateway. Put IPO on new subnet and change MGMT IP, anything local can communicate with IPO, but remote sites cannot. Recreate original network in new office and put a NAT in the old office's router and we can communicate. It seems I should be able to set/change the gateway for the LAN, or at least build a route in the box that would essentially do the same thing. Any idea where i would do that?

Looks like perhaps in the IPRoute? Not usre why they didnt put it with the rest of the LAN settings.

MRowan said:
Not usre why they didnt put it with the rest of the LAN settings.

I know. IP Office is eveolved from a network router, and then you put the routing table apart from the network settings.
Basically you still can use the IP Office for basic routing tasks although i am not a fan of that but sometimes it can be usefull if nothing else is available at a given time or for a quick fix of a failing device.

We have SonicWALLs to do the routing, trouble is without knowing where that gateway setting was we couldnt even get it to talk to other networks. We have it working now, and I know where to set the gateway now to clean it up after the move is complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back