Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya IP500v2 SCN channels question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim-HMA

Systems Engineer
Aug 11, 2017
US
Hello,

I'm currently running into a channel capacity issue on calls over an SCN and I think its because of licensing. Can someone help me understand what is going on? Here is the Scenario:

-IPO A and B are both IP500v2 on R9.

A uses B for centralized voicemail as well as meet me conference bridges exist on B.
A has 5 Voice Networking licenses, which amount to 20 instances. A also has 74 VCM channels.
B has 4 Voice Networking licenses, which amount to 16 instances. B also has 32 VCM channels.

A calls B on many channels for a conference bridge. During testing, I was able to tie up 31 channels to a single meet-me bridge on B before hitting my head (next call failed, "no available channels"). I have both sides of the trunk set to 128 inbound and outbound channels.

My questions:
How was I able to use 31 channels on A if I only have 20 voice networking instances?
What are the VCM licenses used for? I noticed congestion on B's VCM channels at the time I was testing.
What licenses do I need to increase the capacity between IPO's for more concurrent calls at a time?

Thanks

You should try the Avaya IP Office forum this question.

The reason is that your trunk channels are only used to start the conference and then the calls are in the local conference bridge. If it is programmed correctly

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back