Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya IP500 System Server Control Unit IP Address Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

sghouston5

Technical User
Aug 9, 2013
US
Hello all,

As you can likely tell from the Subject of this thread, I am a novice who has recently taken on the task of managing the Avaya phone system at our company. I sort of had to jump in feet first since we are migrating the phone manager software to the new vmware datacenter. The current system that the phone is running on is about 7-8 years old on a Windows XP box, which is not even being backed up, so if the hard drive was to crash, there goes the entire voicemail system and config files for the IP phones and what not! Luckily I stepped in, and have successfully migrated the following to a Server 2012 instance:

Avaya R5 IPO500 (The software version is 5, the firmware version is 7.0) we are upgrading to 8.1 soon. (Server Address : 192.168.54.51)
Voicemail Pro 4.0 (installed and copied the entire directory of VM, Campaign, and backups to the new server to preserve the settings and users voicemails)
(Server Address 192.168.54.41)

The voicemails/greetings are being played off the new server on the new subnet (Server Address 192.168.54.41)but the actual call server is on the old subnet with a server address of 149.64.1.16 (DO NOT ASK about that subnet, the IT guys here before me had NO CLUE what the hell they were doing lol).

Since the call server address OBVIOUSLY needs to be changed from the 149.64.1.x subnet to the new 192.168.54.x subnet, how do I change the IP address of the physical IP500 control unit? Is it under System > LAN1 > LAN Settings > IP address? Or do I have to do it similar to a switch and connect via the serial port? I can hit the ground running from here as long as I know how to change the IP, don't want to change it without being absolutely certain where to change it so as not to lock myself out and having to reset the system, then have the CIO burn me at the stake for destroying the phones.

So, in a nutshell, I need the call server address to change from 149.64.1.16 > 192.168.54.42

Also will this blow up my licensing? Thanks so much in advance for the help, I hear this forum is the absolute best for Avaya advice

In the future you want to post in the ip office forum,

Have you changed the ip of the PBx or the vm server?

ddcommllc.com
Avaya/Toshiba/SyntelSolutions

ACIS

"Will work for stars

sorry! new here, will post there in the future!

to my understanding in working with this whole system there are two big components:

File Server (The computer that runs Avaya Phone Manager) in my case this is 192.168.54.41
Call Server (The actual hardware IP500 System Server on the rack) which has an ip of 149.64.1.16 which i need to change to 192.168.54.42

I have not changed the IP address of anything yet because I don't know "where" to change it. Just want to change the IP of the "Call Server" the actual hardware unit.

I suspect this is done via Avaya Phone Manager, just want to be sure

It is under System > LAN1 > LAN Settings > IP address

Change the address, save, reboot, it will come back up with the new address

If the IP address of vmpro is changing, you will also need to make that change under system tab as well.

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am, stuck in the middle with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back