Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya IP phones slower on UniFi POE Switch 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikbsout

Technical User
Dec 29, 2019
MK
I’ve had my Avaya IP 9608 and 9640 phones connected via the POE injector.

Today I tried moving them to a the UniFi 16 port 150W switch.
And I’ve noticed something odd.

They work.

But I’ve noticed a difference, when they’re plugged into the UniFi POE switch, I can only have calls on 2 lines per phone at the same time.
When I try to make more it says waiting for line. And it general, the phones seem slower.

What is causing this?

I am going to take a guess here. UniFi POE autosenses power requirements. Most of the Ubiquiti stuff now is a passive 24V. It might not be sensing the right power needs. IDK. you can log into the POE switch and manually set the POE requirements.

waiting for line, indicates there are no more external lines available for your phone to call out on, the phone will display this message. How many external lines do you have?

The phones seem slower? Make sure you have the latest unifi firmware, most voip setups advise a voice vlan for IP phones.

How many Call appearance buttons do you have as well? If you have the standard 3 appearances, you only get two calls unless you unreserve the third. Add another CA button to start. How many calls can you realistically take at once anyway, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back