Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AVAYA IP Phone 1608-I BLK DHCP issue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousuf Shahzad

IS-IT--Management
Jan 11, 2022
SA
Hi

We have AVAYA IP Phone 1608-I BLK and IP500 V2 8.1

Our DHCP server is not working properly and that's why if I connect an IP phone to the network, it is not getting the IP from the DHCP server, but the IP phones already connected to the network are getting IPs.

I need to assign IPs manually to some of our IP phones unless we fix our DHCP server.

How to assign IPs manually?

Regards

It would be better to solve the dhcp issue.

Your IT company should be able to release more addresses.
Maybe they have put a limit on it.
Seen this many times

The existing phones may not be getting their addresses from DHCP, rather simply falling back to the last address they used having gained no DHCP response.

Agree, fix the DHCP issue.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

The DHCP issue will be fixed but not now.

I am asking for the manual assignment of IPs to the IP Phones.

Is there any way I can assign IPs manually?

Reboot the phone
When you see "Press * to program", press *
The password is 27238#
I don't remember the exact sequence, but you should see it requesting the Phone IP, the Subnet, the Router, the Call Server, the File Server, and the VLAN ID.
Input the values, use * for the dot in the IP addresses, and press # after each entry to get to the next one.
At the end it will prompt you if you want to save the changes, answer Yes, it will reboot
Allow it to continue this time (don't press *) and it should come up and work (if you entered all of the values correctly)

Dear TouchToneTommy

Many thanks for your assistance.

I was able to assign IPs manually.

Really appreciated.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back