Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AVAYA IP Offices at Different Countries

Status
Not open for further replies.

netwroktech

Technical User
Apr 13, 2009
we have two offices one in USA and 2nd in Pakistan, we currently configured IP Office Manager 500 in USA office and 5610SW in pakistan and USA office. 5610SW in USA office are locally connected but in Pakistan are all connected through VPN Tunnel of Netgear Firewall. Now we have bought another IP Office 500 Manager for Pakistan office. is this thing possible that 5610SW which are in Pakistan office take config from Pakistan office IP Office Manager but they call through USA office, as we are running call center of US. and when someone call us at US office number then that call goes to Pakistan.Please help me.thanks in advance.

Rana Arshad Ahmad
Manager Networks
MCSE,CCNA

Yes, you can link the systems via an IP link (standard or advanced SCN), the calls from the Pakistan 500 can be routed via the US office and calls into the US can be routed to the Pakistan office.

Your current IP Phones in Pakistan can be configured to connect to the local IP500 simply enough. The only problem I see you might have is that you are using a call centre, is this CCC? If so, CCC doesn't support multiple sites.

Thanks, we are not running CCC, call center means we are running USA lines in Pakistan office.
Taker can you send me the steps how i can do this. I have Network Licences at both sides. but SCN or Advanced SCN i have no idea. I have added the IP Routes. How i can route USA Office calls to Pakistan and Pakistan to USA office.

Currently all IP Phones are getting their configuration and each files from US Office IP Office Manager.

PLease help me in this regard.

Rana Arshad Ahmad
Manager Networks
MCSE,CCNA

to be honest Rana, this type of setup is something an authorised Avaya BP will have to do. there are simply too many steps involved and troubleshooting, that to be advised on a site like this is something i am unwilling to get involved in and my guess is other trained avaya techs will agree.

you will benefit from a proper analysis and configuration. don't try and do this yourself if you are not qualified.

I agree, to many things that can go wrong

RTFM.gif

ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

we can add one IP Line at a time in one control unit.
i have tried this but it did not work.
THE Taker i think u can tell me some steps and we will do it. i have a backup all the time. so there is no way for damage.

I will appreciate, if you people help me in this regard.

Rana Arshad Ahmad
Manager Networks
MCSE,CCNA

Thanks All

Now i can call from one site to another site, means from Pakistan IP office to US office and vice versa.

But i did not get SCN tab in my IP office manangres, How i can dial any US Number from ISB office IP Office Extenstions and How any person outside USA Ofice can call on ISB Office extensions.

Please guide me.

Rana Arshad Ahmad
Manager Networks
MCSE,CCNA

That's covered in the link Bas posted under "SCN Short Code Programming" :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back