Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya IP Office UC Module Showing 0.0.0.0 in Manager 11.1.2.4 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grapestew

IS-IT--Management
Jan 16, 2014
US
Hello my fellow Avaya masters!

I had a horrid time recently deploying a new IP Office V2 with a new UC module for voicemail pro. I loaded the linux image onto the UCM just fine. I could ignite it and access the GUI via
Within Manager under control unit the UCM would show but the IP was 0.0.0.0 and also under System-Voicemail-Dropped to to the UC module, it was greyed out 0.0.0.0

I tried 3 chassis, different card slots, multiple reloads of the UC image, and Avaya eventually deemed the card bad so I RMA'd it. Got the new UC, installed linux, and ignited. Same issue. At this point I read rolling back to 11.1.1.1 would fix the issue. Rolled it back to 11.1.1.1 and same issue.

What fixed the issue!

In Manager, under Control Units, delete the UC module and reboot the IP Office. Make sure the UCM it is already ignited. Once rebooted it will show up with the IP you assigned it during ignition. So far I have noticed the issue on 11.1.1.1 and 11.1.2.4

The cutting edge may have nicked an artery.

UC Modules. They will cost you hours of pain and suffering. Thanks for the heads up.
With UCM's any tips to get them working is always helpful.

UCM = Useless Crap Module

Not sure how they can screw up UCM's so badly while the apps servers are running just fine.

Thanks Grapestew for the hint, have some more pink.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back