Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya IP Office transferring calls issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intouch01

Technical User
Feb 13, 2014
Hi,

I have recently installed a R9 IPO system and the customer previously had an old Panasonic which would show if another extension was busy. The customer wants to know if there is any way the Avaya can do the same and show if another user is busy. I informed him that there was and sent a quote for One X which the customer was not at all happy with as the total cost came to more than the whole 5 user system that had just been installed.

I informed him that the other way would be either to reduce the lines to one on each handset as it would then show as busy if they tried to transfer a call. If they were to go for this option would they still be able to transfer calls? I thought this might be a problem as they would only have one line each.

The other option I suggested would be phone manager lite which I have informed is unsupported.

Would there be any other way around this? Or any other suggestions?

TIA,

That is really basic stuff. Did you have training for IP Office? Seems to be not. I'm not sure if you would be able then to install the quoted OneX Portal...

Look at the button feature "User

I am fresh off the course and my boss was not available but thought I would try and answer the customers querie.

I thought about the user button but they are using 1408's and all the buttons are in use for call forward, voicemail ect.

Would you suggest phone manager lite as an alternative?

TIA

If they want to see when users are busy then quote them a phone that can show them (1416, 9508).

Customer either needs to upgrade his phones to at least the 1416's or the 9508's. Or pay for the licensing for the One-X-Portal. Or free up buttons on the phones they have. Take the call forwarding buttons and other buttons off since they can be accessed under the menu button. VM can be accessed using the Messaging button.

Other than those suggestions, there isn't any other way. I don't even offer the 1408's or the 1416's. digital display phones are much easier to work with and cost less over the long haul. I hate the paper phones, they cost too much time from an administration standpoint. Just my opinion.

Karl

Avaya SME ACIS Certified

I agree with Karl regarding 14xx phones.

If you want to let the user forward his phone to changing destinations create just only one call forward button and leave the destination empty. So the user will be asked to enter the destination manually.

9508 should do the trick alone, 5 users all fit in on the first page. Still 16 buttons left to play with.

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Why are they using forwarding buttons and voicemail buttons when those features/buttons already exist? On a 5 user system a 1408 can show all users on keys :)

The voicemail button is being used for personal vm, so a separate button has been configured for group. They also wanted a button to set the hunt group to go to night service, I guess they could use the short codes but they like the light that shows if it's active or not.

They were adamant they knew the exact set up they required as the manager had used Avaya before but now say they did not think about the user button set up. We've offered to upgrade to 1416s or 9508's and take back the 1408s so it's now left up to the customer.

You don't need a button for a group mailbox, you can do that using a source number code on the user H<Groupname>, and then the group mailbox will appear under the Listen option when they hit the Messages button.

They only need 4 buttons for a 5 user system as they don't need to call themselves, so even with a night service button they have enough spare buttons (1 more than they need if they only have 2 CA) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back