Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya IP Office Rel 9.1 System Event Alarms 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmnt1981

Technical User
Apr 18, 2017
US
I have a customer that another engineer configured system event alarms up for when 911 is called. It was configured using a snmp trap which hit a distribution list. This worked for around a year and half and now it mysteriously has stopped. This coincided with voicemail to email working and then that also stopped. I was able to fix vm to email by using a smtp relay through gmail. The event alarms however are not. I verified the snmp trap is configured exactly as our other customers are. Does anyone know if the system events use the smtp information in the IPO or voicemail pro? It is setup in both. Does the system event send out the alarm email with the voicemail pro address?

SNMP does not use SMTP/Email. It should have been configured to send to an SNMP server. That server likely had an event that then emailed using the same setup.
There is zero reason to use an SNMP trap if you aren't monitoring it. Just set the alarm to use email instead.

-Austin
I used to be an ACE. Now I'm just an Arse.
qrcode.png

Update 10/27/17
Resolved by checking Start TLS in System/SMTP. Alarms have been emailing since.

star for posting resolution.

daddy? are you doing blah blah blah things again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back