Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya IP Office LAN1 and LAN2 network connection problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

checker1965

Technical User
Jul 6, 2010
US
We have a brand new Avaya IP office attached to C3750 stack switches. The stack switches are connected to c2851 router. The VOIP are under VLAN 1 10.187.130.64/26. The IP Office is under a management VLAN 2 10.187.130.240/28. DHCP server is providing IPs to the phones.
We cannot ping the IP office device. I am the networking manager, and the telecomm manager is in charge of the device. This is brand new to us, so we dont know what we are really doing.
We assigned an IP address of 10.187.130.245 to the LAN2 and an IP address of 10.187.130.70 to the LAN1. Other devices on the VLAN2, we can ping just fine. Routing is fine on the switches and routers.
We are probably not configured correctly on the IP office. Any suggestions on the proper IP configuration?
Thank you.

Have you added an ip route for the 10.187.130.240 network in teh IP office?

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

That was it. Prior we chosen LAN1, but we changed it to LAN2 and connection was established. Thanks for the tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back