Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya IP Office Caller ID / Sequential Call Forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

DUTIESasASSIGNED

Technical User
Dec 13, 2023
CA
Hey all,

1st time posting here.
I have been put in charge of our Avaya IP Office system, and know very little about it.
It has been setup for night service, and it is "working". It is setup that when 1 is dialed after hours, it will transfer to a cell phone.
My problem is that if the tech does not answer, it goes to voicemail on our techs phone, but the caller id shows our business number not the person who called.
Is there anyway to change the way that is setup?

Also wondering if the Tech does not pickup the phone, can the system call the next available tech, with sequential call forwarding, or is that impossible??

Any info would be great.

it works caller->ip office system calls cell phone on basically 3-way. there are ways around it but they are advanced and it has to be legal and allowed in your area and by your provider. it is called spoofing and illegal/frowned upon in many areas.

id offer more guidance but first check if allowed and possible from your provider (likely not) before you makethe same mistake as me and spend 1000s of hours to end at it not being possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back