Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya IP Office 9630 Finding Router Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

steeljim

Technical User
Jun 21, 2010
US
Has anyone had problem with the 9630 IP phone not getting the DHCP address from the IP Office? I have 9620 sets and they all have no issues... I have 1 9630 and it dowloaded the bin files but stops and says finding router then cycles again... I even manually inputed the addresses and same issue.

Do a "clear" before anything else.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

The phone uses option 242 and this is default configured on the ipo itself.
Check if it is still the way it should be.
Also check if there is another DHCP server on the network.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

It is still 242.. Whats also wierd is I statically put all the information in including a ip address for the set.... from another terminal on the same network I could ping the set even though it continues to give me the "finding router"

Who does the DHCP for the Phones?
If the IPO does the dhcp try to set the IPO ip as the default GW in the scope.
If there is no GW leave it 0.0.0.0

If you have VLAN's then make sure you have a layer3 switch in the network and use that address as the GW.
Make sure that swith has an IP helper pointed to the DHCP server in another VLAN with a voice scope, and that the DHCP server has a ip route to the Voice network.

If this is to much, ge someone to look at you network before you screw thing up.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged (Avaya Search tool )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back