Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya IP Office 9.1 Virtual Avaya Legacy Softphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Houdini9881

Technical User
Jun 15, 2020
US
I have an Avaya IP Office V2 9.1 with "Virtual Avaya Legacy Softphone" licenses but were not in characters in the license folder but in the exact words shown in quotations.
When I try and add that back to the System, it tells me that there are not enough characters or gives me an error message. It says that it needs 32 characters but that is exactly how I copied it when it was working or installed in the config.
please advise and thanks in advance!

If you've formatted and reinstalled at 9.1 you will lose that license as it's a legacy license granted upon upgrade to 9.1.

Assuming you have the teleworker licenses installed (or other license that provided the feature) you can downgrade to 9.0 and then upgrade again - the licenses should come back.

That's exactly what I did on my system:

Screenshot_2023-08-16_at_9.24.32_am_o0wllv.png

Thanks Shaun for your response. I never formatted the SD card, but I just copied and pasted the Licenses into notes and tried to paste them back in and that one gave me an error message.
please advise!
thx

If you don't have that license in there anymore (as in it's been deleted) the only way to get it back is to do the downgrade and upgrade like I said - you can't paste it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back