Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya IP Office 9.1 to R11 upgrade - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmcd123

Programmer
Apr 8, 2010
US
We've gotten away from Avaya a bit these days but have a customer that wants to upgrade to R11. They currently have Essential license and IP endpoint licenses. No IPOSS support contract. Our distributor is telling us Avaya changed policy in November and any customer that wants to upgrade without IPOSS has to pay to have all their licenses migrated. We were fully aware of paying for the R11 migration license but now we are also being told they have to pay to upgrade the IP Endpoint Licneses as well?

I cant seem to find this online but find it odd a customer has to pay for all their licenses again. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks.

In my experience it is just a nominal charge to cover the work in the migration.

If you had Voicemail Pro / Preferred edition I recall the upgrade is about 2/3 of the Essential upgrade.

Yes, in the past we paid for R11 upgrade and VM Pro upgrade if needed. But now our distributor says they need to charge us for their IP Licenses as well that the customer already paid for. They said Avaya changed their policy in November 2020 and all licenses need to be re-purchased when upgrading to R11 which doesn't make sense and i cant seem to find this online.

It seems last item I upgraded IP Endpoints was earlier year so perhaps someone else can comment on this.

Unfortunately Avaya are always changing their licensing.

Yes. Us partners got notices of this months ago. The old ADI licensing server was shut off...unless you had avaya IPOSS, you will need to repurchase...

By not paying attention, you screwed the customer....look at your emails.

What we have done depending on the size of the customer was to buy IPOSS give it a month and then upgrade. I don't know the dollars and cents of it but it is something you could look at as a solution.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

I can see some doing their sums and going elsewhere!

The basic level of IPOSS is somewhere around the cost of an Essential edition licence but you'll need to check the pricing.

IP endpoints are 1/2 price for migrations. At least that's what my distributor has been charging me.
And there are several other licenses that are 1/2 price for migration - CTI for one.
As to budbyrd's post, I'm pretty sure you cannot get IPOSS unless the system is at R10 due to Avaya's lack of support for "old" releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back