Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya IP Office 8.1 - Cases need to Solve 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahmood1982

Vendor
Dec 22, 2012
Hi All,,,
I have an IP Office Release 8.1 with full Nortel Telephone
1. DS30 A
2. TCM8 (2) Card / (2) ATM 4
3. Combo card
There are a number of problems emerged I hope to find a solution with you

1. Dial Delay
When I start dial by pressing 9 the system late to give me a dial tone to start dialing a number, this is the same when dial an internal extension.
When I program a line appearance and auto dial in the telephone buttons and starts dial I hear the dial tone when pressing and no delay count.

2. Ring Delay
when call one of the phone numbers. As soon as I get the ringing tone in my ear on my mobile, the line on the phone starts flashing. However, it takes another 3-4 rings before an extension that I have routed the call to starts ringing.

3. Wait-for-Line
I Have (12) lines on the system, just I use (7) of them, I programmed the other (5) as out of service, and for dialing I use the ARS (Local, National, Mobile, International)
For Example (Local – ARS)
Code: 4xxxxxx
Telephone Number : 4N
Feature : Dial
Line Group id: 0
For Example ( National –ARS)
Code: 03xxxxxxx
Telephone Number : 903N
For Example ( Mobile –ARS)
Code: 07xxxxxxxx
Telephone Number : 907N
For Example ( International –ARS)
Code: 00N;
Telephone Number : 900N;

When I dial some times I can dial normally, the other can’t the disaplay of the phone appear (Wait-for-Line) or I hear a beep—beep and cant complete the call.

4. I have an Embedded voice mail activate on all extension. But when i call extension after 2 rings if no answer the system directly transferred to mail box, how can i increase the number of ring before transferring.

5. I programmed Incoming Call Route to Ext. 221, if there no one to answer calls, forward it to extension 238, iam using all feature ( F4, Forward To, Follow Me , ... )
Any of this feature not work.

I Know it's a lot of problems, but I ask you to help me.I know that this site has many experiences in a position to do so

Thank you ...

2. Ring Delay
when call one of the phone numbers. As soon as I get the ringing tone in my ear on my mobile, the line on the phone starts flashing. However, it takes another 3-4 rings before an extension that I have routed the call to starts ringing.

sounds like you have CLI programmed on the lines yet have no CLI from the service provider.
Go to LINES > Analogue trunk > Analogue options > Trunk Type > change Loop start ICLID to Loop start.The reason it rings a couple of times is it's looking for the CLI. hope this helps part of your problem!

Thank you FlyinScotsman ,, whats about the other parts if you can advise me .

1 Set the dial delay counter to 1 and dial delay counter to 1

A simple mind delivers great solutions

Again but better now:
1 Set the dial delay counter to 1 and dial delay timer to 1 in system>telephony

Don't be a wise guy and do read the manuals yourself

3. Sounds like you need to check for dial tone on each of the 7 lines as the system won't skip over a 'dead' line, also double check that the other 5 lines are definitely OOS. When I put lines OOS I tend to give them a different incoming/outgoing group ID number although I don't think this is necessary as long as they are OOS.
hope this helps
ps however I fully agree with intrigrant, you really need to be reading the Help notes or even better treat yourself to a basic IPO course. It will open up a whole new world for you.
Merry Christmas.

4. Check ext doesn't have Do not Disturb activated, dial *09 to deactivate.
Check No Answer Timer - User > Ext > Telephony > Call Settings > No Answer Time
hope this helps

5. Go to User > Forwarding > Help and read what it says.
People don't mind helping on this site but you really need to do the course.
We've all paid the $$ to do the course that's why we have a pretty good understanding of the product.
The stuff you're asking is extremely basic. Please do the course!!

Jesus!!!

Just pay an engineer to come and do this for you. Save yourself some hastle!!!

Jamie Green

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

Jamie it seems so much cheaper to ask dumb questions on here and save yourself the money and then can spend it later in a pub or impress the boss with your knowledge.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

This is either somebody trying to install something they have no knowledge of (and don't want to pay the right people) or someone who really needs to consider if they guy they did pay us actually any good.

Either way a decent engineer needs to get into the kit and fix these issues. Probably in under an hour!!!!

Jamie Green

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

I red flagged all the other posts from the same poster....

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

@mattmich
has nothing to do with hatred, it has to do with the fact that this is a forum for techs,
Tek-Tips said:
INTELLIGENT WORK FORUMS FOR COMPUTER PROFESSIONALS
that also requires techs to do their due diligance and read the manual and help themselves at least to a point where I call them a tech. Before that they are just leeching off the people here actually spending their time reading and educating themselves.
We help a lot of people that are rookies here and seem to be really absolute novices in the field but they don't usually start with 5 threads at teh same time to save money on a tech coming to site (which feeds our families btw. as I am not independantly rich :) ) and I am actually thinking twice before I post anything negative in a thread and rather just disregard it but this was a blatant disregard even an attempt to hide the fact that the original poster wanted to get info and get it fast and cheap without even as much as trying to even google the problem.
Again not hatred but taking offense to lazyness

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back