Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AVAYA IP Office 500V2 and Norstar Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 19, 2009
US
I've just installed an IP Office 500V2 build 8.1.43 and I am reusing all of the customers T7316e stations from the now defunct Norstar MICS. The system inventory is as follows:
-IPO 500V2 Control Unit
-Qty 3 TCM Modules
-Qty 1 500 Legacy Card Carrier
-Qty 1 400 PRI/DS1 Card
-Essential Edition License
-Embedded Voicemail
-License for two additional Voicemail Channels

I have managed to make most of the features work that I want with the following exceptions:

- I cannot seem to successfully program a direct transfer to voicemail for the receptionist console. If I program a key using a dial short code with a NXXXX value and the receptionist presses Transfer and then dials the station number of the users voice mailbox, the embedded voicemail immediately answers but it is not the mailbox of the desired user. I'm not sure which mailbox I am reaching but it is not one of the programmed users as they all have greetings recorded and I am getting the system default greeting. After reading many posts I have tried numerous suggestions without success. If anyone has a tried and true method for emulating the Norstar Feature 986 I'm all ears. I'm not a proponent of the TCM modules and using Norstar telephones on the IP Office.

-The same thing with the Call Log key. If I program a button with the Call Log feature or program using F812 then when I press the button the key name appears "Call Log" but the feature does not work. The only way that I can use the log is actually pressing Feature and then 812. Anyone know of any work arounds?

-The same is true with Caller ID Inspect. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back